I tried a new recipe today. I prepared by purchasing all the ingredients and went over the instructions but I was so anxious to make the meal I rushed into it head first. It didn't turn out as I had planned. The steak was overdone, potatoes were dry, and the broccoli underdone. Then...I was grumpy. Why didn't I step back and think it all out BEFORE turning on the stove?

I do this in life too. I get so excited about things that I don't step back and make sure I'm taking the right path. Education, friends, relationships.....rushed into so many of them with wide eyes and good intentions without considering all the options. I wonder if perhaps I did not want to look at the options? I think perhaps I stubbornly made up my mind that "this is the way it WILL be" and forged blindly ahead and ended up with only pieces of what I truly wanted and needed.

I see this same behavior in many men and women who discover dominance and submission. Myself included. We finally find the piece of the puzzle we've been frantically searching for and now expect that because we found it we must rush into a d/s relationship.....without reading the recipe or thinking over the instructions and how it will work for us in our unique lives, and then when it turns out dry, underdone, and unsatisfying, we get discouraged and grumpy.

Take a deep breath. Review all the facts and how they apply to you and your life. Then carefully and purposefully move forward.

"you wanted light and so I set myself on fire"

Looking for BDSM partners? Meet someone now on the largest BDSM personals site – photos, chat, more!