I am reflective today. I look at the path behind me and I am amazed at where I am now. I am proud of who I have become and in awe of my place in life. I do this because I am the only one to do so.

We must be our own best friend. We must enjoy who we are. If we wait for others to define us we will be lost. We would live our lives to suit those definitions and perhaps realize our mistake far too late.

What am I most proud of? I am still standing. No one but myself will ever understand what that means and I do not need for them to understand. I know. I lived it.

I'm off to Minneapolis next week for the Aerosmith concert, some shopping, and salon time. OH, and perhaps dinner at Martini Blu along with a few *cough* cocktails. I'm treating my sister to all of this as well. I think she needs to get back to where she belongs. Back to herself. I'll take my camera and perhaps share some pictures with you but don't hold your breath. I've always said "if you have the time to take a great deal of pictures you weren't truly enjoying the experience." Plus...I take the camera everywhere I go but usually leave it behind in the hotel room. I'm such a putz.

............


You need not leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. You need not even listen, simply wait, just learn to become quiet, and still, and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked. It has no choice; it will roll in ecstasy at your feet.

Franz Kafka